Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Giggles In a Boardroom

One of the best sounds I have ever heard and continue to hear, is the laugh of a child.

About a month ago, I was in an executive meeting. Before I left my office to attend the conference, I put my cell phone in my pocket so that in case my daughter called, I would feel the vibration, politely excuse myself from the room and answer my daughter's call. While in the meeting, the phone became uncomfortable so I placed it on the conference room table. As the (very, very, high level) officer was conducting his meeting, the sound of a laughing baby filled the room. All other talking ceased. I looked at my phone in disbelief and absolute horror. I forgot to put the phone on vibrate and so my laughing baby ringtone usurped control of the meeting. As I stood up, to leave the room, I heard "That is the cutest cell phone ring." It was the (very, very, high level) officer. I looked at him as I scooped the phone off the table, and there he sat smiling at me and the sound of the laughing baby. Giggles in the boardroom took center stage that day.

I love to laugh. I hope you do too. So, do you have a good (of course clean), joke to share? Well don't keep it to yourself, let us hear it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. May the Lord of Lords bless your life in amazing ways....