Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks For Giving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is the one time of year that obligates family to come together and reminisce. Thanksgiving, for me, is an awakening of all of my senses. The colors and aromas of the food and the crisp resurrected melodies of Motown, the Beatles and the BeeGees warm my soul. During this time with family and friends, the state of the economy does not matter, for my focus is on the gracious riches I have undeservingly been bestowed.

Thanksgiving, without fail, invites me to have a seat and observe the screenplay of my life. It is during these days that I can see, smell, feel, hear and touch the experiences - the horrid as well as the happy, and end up crying tears of joy and shouting thanks to God. For it is only when I look back that I see how amazing He has been to me. He protected me when I could not see the danger. He provided for me when I had no idea from where my next meal would come. He taught me how to love. I can never, ever thank Him enough. My words are too small. They can never express the gratitude, but they're all I have. Thank you Lord. Thank you God. Thanks for all of Your Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. May the Lord of Lords bless your life in amazing ways....